So I had some brie and puff pastry. But no tea or coffee. No no, somebody forgot. I don't want to name names now, but he's French and it begins with a 'M'. Ahem.
Thankfully these little Brie Pops eased some of my lack of caffeine rage:
Move over cake pops, brie pops are where it's at. I came across the idea on the brilliant site of Joy The Baker. I added my own little twist by making them into pop versions instead of squares and with pecans.
Now I'm off to have a cup of tea. Oh. Hang on. I'll think some happy thoughts and give you the recipe instead.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 - 15 minutes
Ingredients (makes 12 Brie Bites/Pops)
1 sheet of ready-made puff pastry
A splash of milk
20g pecans, chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 7.
2. If you're going for the brie pop look (and you really should be), you'll need some of these little sticks. You'll get them in craft or toy shops. OR. Get friendly with your local café and they might just give you some coffee stirers for free. I am not condoning stealing... :)
3. Using a pastry cutter cut out 24 puff pastry circles. I used a 7cm cutter.
4. Whisk the egg in a small bowl and add the milk. Brush the pastry circles with the egg wash.
5. Press each stick halfway up and in the middle of each circle. Add a little sliver of brie.
6. Then some chopped pecans join the party.
Sweet little brie pops. Come to me now. Gotta go.